Sunday, March 22, 2009

MfM - Lazy Morning

As consciousness returns to me, I keep my eyes closed but take inventory of the delicious position that I am in. My head is on his chest, my arm is draped across his stomach, our legs are entwined together. This is the same position that we collapsed into last night and I can’t help but smile as the other positions from last night replay in my head. As he feels me shift my body slightly, he begins to stroke my hair, lulling me back into a deep relaxation. I revel in the warmth of his skin, the smell of his hair, the consistent thump of his heartbeat. I don’t get many of these mornings, not many off from being a mom, so I soak up every aspect of this rare sleeping-in experience. There is only one thing that would make this lazy morning completely perfect. He seems to have read my mind and his hand makes its way slowly from my hair down my back, sending a shiver up my spine…

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes... lazy mornings are almost a fantasy in themselves for us moms, aren't they? I debated having mine be two words: "Sleeping in" but I think I won't be able to hold to that... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write good. Maybe too good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, lovely way to spend a lazy morning indeed! Happy MfM!

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this is great, mum's deserve a special treat for all their hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the way you brought so many senses into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lazy mornings are so wonderful, the temporary escape from responsibility, and all the time to linger and explore. :-)

    ReplyDelete